* the small print... (read very carefully)
Editor, Writer, Broadcaster and Blogger
My name is Jeremy Smith.
I am an award-winning journalist who - among myriad other current topics and issues - highlights disability from a more urbane and sartorial point-of-view.
Being disabled is, four years on, proving a full-time job. Indeed, I don't know how I found time to be able-bodied.
My first job was on Men's Wear magazine and I am indebted to its editor who told me: "If you've got the nerve to come in here dressed like f****g Norman Wisdom, I'll give you 30 days...'').
From there I worked at the Morning Advertiser, specialising in Cognac-related features, several fine regional standards such as The Western Daily Press and Bristol Evening Post, edited an award-winning business magazine and recently was Group Features Editor at The Oxford Mail and Oxford Times.
Professional highlights have included -
* Newsquest UK: Innovator of the Year (2008)
* Regional Press Awards: Business Supplement of the Year (2004)
* NUJ: Business Writer of the Year (2003)
* BT Columnist of the Year (1986)
* Cognac Journalist of the Year (1984)
Since my accident and leaving hospital in November of 2015, I have taken on the roles of -
* Editor-at-Large OX Magazine
* Disability consultant for the German National Tourist Office (16 month contract)
* Media consultant for Cosmo Restaurants UK (six month contract)
* Official blogger for world-famous Oxford International Literary Festival and Blenheim Film and Literary Festival
* Editorial consultant (ad hoc), Said Business School, Oxford
* Contributor to the BMJ (British Medical Journal)
I am also heavily involved in highlighting disability issues -
* Writer/creator of 'Real Lives' Exhibition (now touring UK)
* Consultant for 'ABC' initiative - Against Boredom Campaign - tackling the detachment and morbid lethargy suffered by patients hospitalised over long periods
* Contributor to The Empathy Museum's 'In Their Shoes' campaign
The COMPLETE media package
A complete A to Z
Feature writing, business writing, columns, opinion pieces, research, proofreading, copywriting, media relations, initiating high profile media campaigns, broadcasting (radio and tv), crisis communications, project oversight, commissioning, implementing budgets, develop strategic communication strategies, media training
The Chairman Blog
Views from the best seat in the house